Surveillance Technology - Emi Kawamori




   I think that the advantage and disadvantage of surveillance technology is the debatable problem.

In my opinion, the technology of the CCTV camera makes our life much safer. If there was no CCTV camera around the city, there might be a lot of crimes. For example, in the supermarket, it could be much easier to stole the stuffs. In case of on the street at night, the possibility of happened to meet suspicious person would be rise.

According to above, the technology of CCTV camera makes our life safer and thanks to it, we don't have to much scared of stranger.


Although there are any benefit to us, I sometimes feel little scared of the CCTV camera. When I use the lift, there are often CCTV cameras on the wall. It makes inside of the lift safe, but we cannot know who is watching us.  I feel scared of been seen by someone without my notice.

As conclusion, it makes our life safer, but the company which sets the cameras  should make it clear who is watching and how the information would be used.


Comments

  1. I completely agree with your opinion. I feel more comfortable if there is some information about who is watching and how to use the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with her opinion. Surveillance technology such as CCTV cameras has both good points and bad points. It is important to decide how to use that technology in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a strong fear of facing cameras in the realm of my life and empathise with you deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel you the fear of CCTV camera whenever I go;(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel scared when I think someone is watching me, too. It is useful, but we don't have any merits as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that is the point.
    Surveillance technology can make both comfortable and uncomfortable society as you stated in your blog.
    And I thought that your conclusion is very nice since you have told the way to ensure transparency in using CCTV camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that it's strange that someone looks our lives. However, thanks to it, we can live safely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your opinion. It is very scary that someone is watching us even in the elevator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can't know who watches us though CCTV. I feel scared too. Companies should explain why it's needed and how they use the video.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right. It is the debatable problem. It is important for all of us to keep considering about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surveillance Technology- Hiromi Yoshioka

To Open Up To Tourism Or Not - Christian Maeda

To Open Up To Tourism Or Not - Himari Kosugi