Surveillance Technology- Hidemi Sato


The life gets more easier when the time passed by. The surveillance Technology is now be more widely available than ever. They contribute to improve public safety and reduce the number of criminals by using them such as CCTV, and facial recognition technology. They can make our life more convenient and make our life better as long as they are used in a right way, otherwise we can be in a danger. CCTV is one of the common surveillance technology in Japan. It contributes to solve crimes as long as recording, however, I doubt it might invent of privacy since someone is monitoring me whenever I go or whatever I do. In terms of safety,  facial recognition technology is not really good one because it can scan all personal information based on people’s face. In addition, the microchip on products is useful for doing a market research. Market companies can research every single of customer’s interest or shopping habit from recording. What concerns me is market companies can target me without realizing it though. Overall, the surveillance technology obviously keep us safe, but knowing who has a power of controlling or monitoring this technology is key to avoid the danger. Last but not least, it’s also important for us to be aware of knowing the surveillance technology have good sides and bad sides. 

Comments

  1. I think it's very scary to be monitored without knowing it.However, I also learned that it has some advantages from your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thoughtful post, Hidemi. well done. Perhaps the key is indeed who is doing the monitoring and whether there are checks & balances in place to ensure the protection of one's privacy. There should be laws in place to allow the use of CCTV film and mobile phone tracking etc only when it is necessary for solving crimes, missing person cases and so on. Cheers, David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I feel that facial recognition technology is dangerous because it is able to collect our personal information about us easily. Though it is useful to keep our safety, it makes me scared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you. Surveillance techonology has both positive and negative side. I think we must use it more carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is important to know who has the power of controlling or monitoring the technology after reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you! Surveillance techonology has not only good aspect but also bad aspect. Weshould appreciate both of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing makes me happy -LEIL

Market Day Debrief - Nagisa Kanakubo

Surveillance Technology- Hiromi Yoshioka