The Movie Well Worth Seeing - Christian Maeda


My favorite movie is Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai”(in English “I want to eat your Pancreas”). This is animation movie based on Japanese light novel written by Yoru Sumino.

                 The story starts at the scene that boy meets girl in the hospital. She had a pancreatic cancer and any of her friends don’t know about her cancer except him. Therefore, she made “to do list” that written the things she wants to do before she dead, and she enjoyed a lot of things with him. Unfortunately, this is not Disney movie, and it’s not kind a fantasy story, so in the end of the story she is no longer alive. This is poignant movie, and moving a lot for me. The scene that the boy knew that she passed away was touching me and unforgettable. They were not couple, but they both were important person for each other.

I want to mention about the name of characters. Until the end of the movie, no one call the boy on his name. Even the girl didn’t call his name, instead she called him “you”. This is the biggest point I was impressed with this story. I don’t want to spoil the ending of the story, so I don’t write a lot about the story. However, you might surprise about her death, even you know she will die.

Just watch this movie. You’ll know why this is my favorite. However, before you watch it, make sure you have handkerchief. You must cry.

Comments

  1. I have watched this movie before, it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read this movie's novel when I was a junior high school student.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie sounds good, thanks for recommendation. I’ll watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a 'tearjerker.' There are actually quite a few movies out there about love between someone with a fatal illness or condition and someone who is well. Perhaps a relationship which is only ended by death is something that we admire, as the classic English wedding vows promise "I promise to have and to hold you till death do us part" i.e. I promise that I will love you until that is no longer possible in this earthly realm. David :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing makes me happy -LEIL

Market Day Debrief - Nagisa Kanakubo

Surveillance Technology- Hiromi Yoshioka