Surveillance Technology - Himari Kosugi


    I think surveillance technology makes our lives more secure.  For instance, CCTV cameras, facial recognition technology, and number plate recognition will help the police catch the criminals.  These technology gives the police a lot of evidence.  Therefore, it is obvious that the police can find and arrest the criminals easier.  It means that crimes will solve and our society will be more secure.

    However, these surveillance technologies have some dangerous aspects.  For example, there is a possibility that our personal information may be leaked.  Many people, including me, don't know the system of these technologies well.  It means that we may surrender our information without know it.
    From above, I think that surveillance technology basically has a lot of benefits, but it also has dangerous aspects that must be considered.

Comments

  1. I am also one of them who don't know about technology. I feel scared if someone hack some system, our privacy information will be leaked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your opinion that we don't know the system of surveillance technology. We should know the system to protect our personal information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, and I think one of the areas we tend not to be aware of is how our online behaviour is monitored and used for the commercial benefit of the websites we visit and the applications we use. Some, though, might argue this is the cost we have to pay for using 'free' social networking sites and search engines. David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think so too! Surveillance techonology has many possiblity. We should consider them further more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many people don't know the system of these technologies well. Of course me too. I think It's important to think about surveillance technology. How these video are kept? Is it safe? How long they are stored? It should be made clear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing makes me happy -LEIL

Market Day Debrief - Nagisa Kanakubo

Surveillance Technology- Hiromi Yoshioka