Surveillance technology - Riri Matsushima

 


   Surveillance technology has benefits for society and individuals lives. For example, CCTV can solve or reduce crime. Another example is tracking cookie, which allows companies to advertise effectively. However, personal information collected by surveillance technology is often used for crime. In one case, there were an incident that an officer was using number plate recognition to monitor the movement of an individual. There is also no end to incident that personal information collected by companies is traded by insiders or third-party. In addition, beliefs and medical history may be used to disadvantage individuals based on discrimination or prejudice. And those problems are not adequately addressed now. As mentioned at the beginning, surveillance technology has many benefits. Legislation is needed to ensure that they are used correctly.

Comments

  1. I agree with your idea and think We have to establish a safe system for use. I also learned for the first time that there have actually been instances of information being bought and sold. So I thought we need to be knowledgeable about information because it is important and valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't understand the meaning of tracking cookies every time it was displayed, so I finally understood the meaning through your post. Thank u:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought about tracking cookies.
    However, after I read your post, I could understand how dangerous this system is.
    I strongly agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. I have heard that there were some abuse of personal information by using surveillance technology. It is horrible, and we must think about how to use these technology again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your idea that beliefs and medical history may be used to disadvantage individuals based on discrimination or prejudice inspire me a lot.When the majority of people become vested in these surveillance technologies, they have no right to speak for the minority which remain. This is a humanitarian thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The idea of relief and medical history is one of the problems of surveillance technology. I understood that it could cause moral problems, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing makes me happy -LEIL

Market Day Debrief - Nagisa Kanakubo

Surveillance Technology- Hiromi Yoshioka