A Decision I've Made - Hikari Shimizu

    When I was in the third grade of junior high school, I decided to quit classical ballet, which I had been doing for 10 years. Looking back, the decision had a significant impact on my life.

    My mother had taken me to a public classical ballet performance when I was four years old, and I longed for ballet dancers who danced classical ballet gracefully, so I started learning classical ballet when I was 5 years old. I have been learning it for 10 years, and sometimes I have been hurt, scolded by my teacher because I could not do my tasks well, but I have always loved classical ballet. I have wanted to keep dancing it until I die.

    However, when I was 15 years old, I had to quit classical ballet to take the high school entrance exam. To take the entrance examination for an advanced school, I had to devote my time for practicing classical ballet to time for studying. I was very worried about it because I knew that my future would change greatly depending on whether I took classical ballet or studying. 

    I had been thinking about it for a long time, but I was right to make this decision. By quitting classical ballet, I had had more time to study and successfully passed the school I had wanted to go to. In addition, I was able to enjoy my high school life. Quitting classical ballet does not mean I am completely alienated from it, and I can still enjoy it while watching the performance and listening to classical music. However, I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had not chosen to quit classical ballet at that time. If I could go back in time, I think it would be interesting to master classical ballet.

 

Comments

  1. I've never heard that you can do ballet!! When I was a child, I wanted to go to the ballet lesson, but my mom didn't allow me to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I exactly know what you feel. It is very hard to balance your interest and studying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! I am sure the discipline & commitment you learnt through practising ballet for so long has had a positive effect on your life. Maybe you can continue some of your ballet exercises in your free time for fitness & fun.
    David :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing makes me happy -LEIL

Market Day Debrief - Nagisa Kanakubo

Surveillance Technology- Hiromi Yoshioka